Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Brunching.

Ugh. I am so sorry for taking a million years to post somethin' on here. But have no fear, I'm still cooking away! Last week we had some of our lovely friends over for a little Easter brunch.

The menu:

Spring veg frittata
Roasted fingerling potatoes with lemon/dill sauce
Spring mix salad with citrus dressing
Fresh berries
Blueberry mojito-ish cocktail (DELISH)



For the frittata you will need:

12 large eggs
1 1/2 cup lowfat milk
2 cups red bell pepper
1 1/2 cup onion
2 cups summer squash (yellow)
2 cups zucchini
2 cups broccoli
Salt and pepper to taste
I figured you could probably add goat cheese into this and it would be delicious as well.

Chop all your veggies and toss in a large OVEN SAFE skillet with about a tablespoon olive oil. Sautee until the onions are transparent. About 8 minutes. Meanwhile- preheat the oven to 350.


In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk and salt & pepper.
(Don't mind my cell phone)

Whisk together until a light yellow color and all yolk and whites are combined.
Pour mixture over top of vegetables (IN SKILLET) and gently mix together.

Cook over medium heat until the sides are set (no longer liquid). Put entire skillet in oven for 20-30 minutes until slightly crispy around the edges and firm.

For potatoes:

1 lb fingerling potatoes
1 tablespoon (more or less) dry dill
Juice of 1 lemon

Roast potatoes on a well oiled baking sheet (TRUST ME- they will stick!) at 375 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.

Once they're done, remove from oven and season with dill, lemon and a bit more olive oil.

For the mojito punch, I didn't make it, my Andy did. I don't know EXACTLY what he did, but I remember seeing mint leaves, 1 bag frozen blueberries, 1 bottle sparkling limeade (TJs) and a bottle of Bacardi.



Isn't it pretty?

I have 2 more updates to post, hopefully this weekend. One of which is from my trip to Arizona. That may or may not have  been a month ago. Oopsy.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, slacker, get on top of it! We 'followers' need more Cobley cookery action.
    That fritatta looks beautiful.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, Your blog totally inspires me and makes me wish we were neighbours so that we could cook together. I have this shiny new Happy 101 award for you here: http://chasingthedish.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-101-award.html

    ReplyDelete