Sunday, January 31, 2010

For My Favorite Peanut Butter Junkie

If you walk into my parents house on any given night of the week it's highly likely you'll find my dad holding a tub of peanut butter eating it with a spoon. He's done this ever since I can remember. Ice cream for dessert? No. Cake? No. Pie? No thanks. A giant spoonful of PB? YES PLEASE. Now its not really my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat I guess. I wanted to send some treats over his way and since he does love them so much, I thought I would make peanut butter cookies.

You will need:
1 tub peanut butter (equals 1 cup)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Super easy, right? Right. I made flourless ones so they're quite a bit richer and have more of a brownie consistency than a cookie.

Combine all ingrediants in no particular order in a bowl.

(side note, I doubled the recipe to keep some at home for my other peanut butter lover)
Fold together until batter is combined completely.
Roll batter into small-ish balls and roll in sugar.
Your oven needs to be at 350 degrees and these need to bake for 8-12 minutes. I baked mine for 12- the first batch that went for 8 were a little too doughy.
So, Dad, keep your eyes peeled for the mailman. He'll be delivering these guys to you no later than Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. They were/are so yummy! Dad let me have a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and they were yummy! The boys ate them all. Yours look better though...

    ReplyDelete