Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No Thank You Bite?

Ever since we were little (by we I mean my sisters and I), my mom has been ambitious in the kitchen. She's an incredible chef and baker, but sometimes her creations were a little... "mature" for a 5 year old. If something was on my plate that I thought didn't look right or was a vegetable I most certainly did not want to eat it. My parents would tell my sisters and I we had to have a "no thank you bite". After all, the polite thing to do is to try a bit of everything. And as my mother always said, "How are you supposed to know you don't like that unless you try it?".

So here I am, in my mid twenties, with the same kitchen-ambition as my mom. You don't have to like everything I make, but all I'm asking is to have a no thank you bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment