Monday, February 8, 2010

It's good for your heart!

This weekend my dear friends Nikki & Jordan came to visit. I cooked once (I was a big hungover) and wish I had done more. Just a simple goat cheese and pancetta frittata with some potatoes for breakfast. Tonight I really was missin' my kitchen so I wanted to make something quick and delish. I didn't take pictures because I didn't think it was NTYB worthy but I do surprise myself sometimes!

I made salmon filets with green beans with a brown butter sauce (on a bed of multi grain pasta)..

You will need:

2-4 salmon filets
5 tablespoons of butter - I know, I know....I watched Julie & Julia last night...I'm all about butter. *PS- I am doing an ode to Ms. Child later this week*
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Fresh green beans
A lot of stove top space.

First heat up 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Season filets with salt & pepper and place in skillet. Heat until they are opaque all the way through.
At the same time boil 2 cups water in a deep skillet and add beans. Cover for about 5 minutes until steamed.
ALSO at the same time boil water for pasta- or whatever grain you would like. Cook pasta according to package.
Once everything under the sun/green beans,pasta and filets are done move to a plate. Use same skillet as green beans and heat up 4 tablespoons of butter. Add almonds. Heat until it is at a slight boil and turned into a carmel color. Any darker and the butter will burn and be super gross. Drizzle the sauce over salmon & green beans.

Salmon is super good for your ticker. I realize that butter isn't, so did I just cancel that out? Oh well...it was delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you wouldn't beLIEVE how much butter I go through :-)

    ReplyDelete