Friday, January 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies, But With A Twist!


A few months ago I spent the afternoon at my friend Dotty's house. Aside from us drooling over vintage Gucci bags on her laptop, she was a baking machine. Making, what I thought at the time, was home-made chocolate chip cookies. Of course, that's delicious and I am more than willing to eat the entire batch, she had browned the butter prior to putting it in the dough. UM. It makes a huge difference. Allow me to quickly plug her blog here, she's hilarious, and I want to be just like her when I finally pop out a little kiddie of my own.

Here's how you make 'em:

3/4 cups butter


3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 tbsp vanilla

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Over medium heat, melt your butter. After completely melted, continue to swirl (I don't really know what that means) the pot until your butter is browned. NOW, be very careful, it's quite easy to burn butter. The time frame is kind of small. I ALMOST burnt mine, luckily I was paying attention for once in my life.

It should be amber in color and smell a little nutty. (that's what she said. no? ok.)


See? Gorg. While your butter is browning, combine your sugars in a large mixing bowl.


Drizzle your butter over your sugars and stir until completely combined.


Add your eggs, flour, baking soda and salt. It says you're supposed to sift the flour before putting it in the batter but I never do that shiz and it turns out just fine! I actually don't even own a sifter. I think they're silly.

OH! Don't forget the vanilla! You can put that in whenevs too.



After you dump your chips in, chill the dough for at least an hour.

Pre-heat the oven to 350. While your oven is pre-heating take the dough out of the fridge and get it close to room temp. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Should make about 3 dozen. Now, I like to make giant cookies so mine made closer to 2 dozen. And guess what? I forgot to take a picture of them when they were finished. Oopsy. I would do it now but I took them to work yetsterday and they're all gone. I may or may not have had like 5. Stop judging.

Before I stop talking everyone's ear off, I have a question. Does anyone have any feature suggestions? I figure I should do something other than talk about my shoes and my recipes. Maybe restaurant reviews because I go to dinner all the time? Maybe guest posts? All suggestions are welcome!

Have a great weekend my lurves! xo.



3 comments:

  1. That browned butter looks heavenly. I can only imagine the delicious depth it gives to the flavor of these cookies. I have a linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best food blog and the best mixing bowl! Thanks for the love, Sarah. I just know that your cookies will come out perfectly. Stopping by for a taste test? heheheh


    Love,


    Dotty

    ReplyDelete