Sunday, October 10, 2010

Salad, Anyone?

The same night as the donut making magic, Lauren whipped up the most delicious dinner salad. My eyes are seriously larger than my stomach, so whenever I'm offered a salad as an entree I think I'll still be hungry after. I never am. I insist on thinking I need to eat like a football player, I must get that from my Dad. Anywho, this salad, as usual, totally filled me up and and was gorgeous to look at. Such a great option if you're having some girlfriends over for dinner. It's light enough to be served as an appetizer or along with your dinner as well.

You'll need:

Mixed greens
Salmon - pre cooked and thinly slived
1 avacado
1 lemon
1 tomato
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1 basil bunch for garnish


Helpful hint: Keeping your fresh herbs in a jar with a bit of water prolongs their shelf life! Use things like recycled glass candle holders.

Dressing:

(she kinda made this up as she went along so I'll do my best to remember)

1 bunch of basil
1 bunch of parsley
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup cannellini (white) beans
Salt & pepper to taste

She basically dumped it all into a food processor, add or take away olive oil for desired consistency.


Toss dressing with mixed greens in large bowl.

Slice tomatoes and avacado (don't dice them).




Arrange salad on large dinnder plate, topping it with the sliced salmon last.


Garnish salad with desired amount of basil and chopped almonds. Squeeze juice of lemon over top each salad, and you have yourself a beautiful AND delicious salad!




PS: Toast pita and dip it in the dressing for a pre-dinner snack! Yum!


1 comment:

  1. Oh now that looks like mine kinda salad!! :)

    ReplyDelete